Monday, June 18, 2012

Linear Systems and DiffEqs

I came across the most wonderful diagram on Richard Prager's Cambridge engineering mathematics course site relating differential equations to linear systems analysis. If only I had see this when I was taking signals and systems!  
differential equation --> solve --> compute step response --> differentiate --> voila! you have the impulse response and can now calculate the response to any input.

I've been having trouble focusing recently.  I think it's because I have lab presentation in a couple of weeks but I feel like I have little results to share with the group.
There is hope though.  I should talk to Nick about his synaptic gain modulation again and see what conclusions we drew from his presentation.

Things I can present:
Kalman filter update (ie integrator update)
Synaptic gain modulation
-does QIF neuron support it
Robot plan
-simulation results would be great

No comments:

Post a Comment